Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sewing Machine Acquired!!

I was finally able to buy my own sewing machine last yesterday. Since then, I have been using it to sew parts of my costume for the next convention. I realized that I can't always just hand-sew every clothes I need. It would probably ruin my chances of passing med school if I ever get the chance to go into one.  So far, the machine is working fine except for my blunders when I first tried to operate it. I was a real failure but I'm getting the hang of it now. I got the Singer 1409 Promise because I'm still a beginner and it's the only one I could afford in my current state. It costs me eight thousand pesos. There are already some people who wants me to sew things for them and I am still learning some things so I guess, it'll be practice for me. Here are some photos I took with my cp:





I tried this for quite some time before I bought it just to be sure it works properly. I was really lucky that I was the only customer in the store at the time. All of the store clerks' attention were on me and my questions were answered. They even taught me how to do the basic stuff in the manual. Oh, and I actually named my machine "Roise" [Ro-wa].

No comments:

Post a Comment