Saturday, November 27, 2010

Badminton: IN and OUT of the classroom~

We had our first formal badminton class today and we already had practical tests! I wasn't really well-versed when it comes to sports so I kind had some trouble completing my tasks. Anyway, I am proud to have been able to do the scoop, one of the basics, after an hour of practicing thanks to my "bibo" of a classmate, Emman. He told me what I was doing wrong and how I should correct it. Although I got a bit dizzy while continuing my practice, got drenched in sweat, and stressed out my legs, it was still fun. I missed playing badminton ever since things got a little serious in the university.

Moving on, we also had an additional class for pharmacology at the end of our scheduled classes. While waiting for our professor to finish his other class, we decided to have a dare to see who will win against Emman. Three people agreed to have a match with him. I was not part of this though. I was an audience. Back to topic, they played inside the room. It was a really nice rally because there was a handicapped of not letting the shuttlecock hit the ceiling nor the fluorescent lights. The players were holding the racket past its handle. It was so funny how they do it. Everyone would yell when the challengers scores some nice hits and when one of them almost breaks a light. We were ready to flee if such things happen just to avoid having to write an incident report.

Generally, this was a very fulfilling, tiring, and fun day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment