Saturday, April 9, 2011

Cosplay: Marisa Kirisame @ Ozine Fest Encore 2011 Day 2

Event: Ozine Fest Encore 2011
Date: April 8 - 10, 2011 [I attended day 2]
Venue: Mega Trade Hall 2&3, SM Megamall
Character: Marisa Kirisame
Series: Touhou Project

This is my first convention of the year and I really had fun with my best friend, one of my friends from high school, and some college friends. It was my first time to actually cosplay an actual character. I was always doing an original costume inspired by some character but not what the actual character wears. Since it is my first, I wanted to make it as complete as possible so I saw to it that I have Marisa's hakkero and broomstick.


The Hakkero:

I made Marisa's hakkero using some scrap folder from my visual aids last semester, some spare tapes, and a paint I bought to paint shoes.

I was not sure with the center design so I just had to improvise something.


The Broomstick:

I bought mine someplace near our house. Then I just cut off some of the ends to make it more appealing. I had to tie a straw rope around it so it would maintain the shape I wanted. Although it was a bit heavy, I pulled it through.


Because of these two pieces that I had to bring to the mall, I got some pretty good comments from those who took Marisa's picture. They said that it was the most complete portrayal of the character. Having the hakkero made, and even bringing a true broomstick to the mall. I am really glad that I put in some effort in this coplay.
Thanks to those who supported me and who were able to appreciate my efforts today! I will improve my cosplay of Marisa Kirisame when I have the time. I just hope that I won't be too engrossed in my studies to the point that I forget all of these fun things.

No comments:

Post a Comment