Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hachiko

It all started with a blog. I fell for the bait and ended up watching it. Simply put...I cried. I sort of made a joke on what would happen so it hit me pretty hard when I saw that I was right.

(Spolier Alert!!!)

Hachiko: A Dog's Story (2009) is a film based on a true story about a dog who faithfully waited for his master to come outside the train station even after his master's death. It portraits how a simple meeting could become something special in the course of time and how a dog could care for a human buddy so much to go to that extent of waiting for years. This is an awesome tear-jerker especially for animal-loving, specifically dog-loving people.

I like this film because I never really knew why that statue of a dog stood there in front of Shibuya station. I also thought that the characters I knew only called that statue Hachiko for fun and it gave no special meaning. I've been encountering the name Hachiko but I never really knew the real "Hachiko". Now I can correct what I knew and never again make fun of that dog that stood at the station for that dog, Hachiko, is a loving, caring, loyal friend like no other. But somehow, even if I want a dog like Hachiko, deep in me, I don't want that to happen to my dog. It will make me have mixed emotions of feeling bad for leaving him behind yet feel happy for waiting for me all along.  I do not regret the tears I shed while watching this movie. Hachiko, BANZAI!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment